Thursday, April 1, 2010

WatchKnow.com

I checked out the website watchnow.com because it was listed on our last class wiki as a site to learn about.

This post is going to sound like a commercial or ad for the site, but I have so many great things to say about it and hope teachers k-grade six check it out! This website is really great for teachers of younger students. It has compiled the best online educational movies and videos for kids all under one site. Unfortunately for us, though, those videos brought in from you.tube can not be seen from school. Luckily, there are other videos to choose from from different sites.

What I really liked about this website is that many of the videos were very age appropriate for primary learners. I have been using safari montage videos, but so many times I can not find videos for my students on the topic I want. Even when a safari montage video "says" it is great for k-2 students, I find that the content is over my grade one students.

This website is really simple to use, it was even simple to become a member. Very quick! And I was quickly able to find videos from a variety of subject matters. They even have videos for nursery rhymes.

If we could get youtube unblocked in our district, watchnow.com would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment