This scribe post in in response to the article we read about flickr. I will write as if we actually have access to the site and could use it in the classroom. It appears that it is a great resource in which you can find many images all at once. I was especially interested to see that the Library of Congress used Flickr to post 3,100 images. You can find these still on the Library of Congress website, but it much easier (if you have access) to simply search one site for an image.
I think that there is an unlimited number of ways this can be used in a photography school, or something that. It would also be great for a travel group to post pictures in one common site. It was unclear to me who owns these pictures (copyright) or if it is determined on an individual basis. As the article stated, this site has the same potential drawbacks that a site like wikipedia has- there is no one there to check the facts, check spelling, etc. I still think it is a very useful tool for college age and mature high school (is that an oxymoron??) students, and can provide elementary teacher with visuals to assist learning.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment