Monday, March 15, 2010

Reflections Week 5

I just wanted to offer some random thoughts and reflections about our last class and where I am with my 21st Century learning. I am on a bit of information overload as we continue to add to our knowledge of tools and resources that will support us in our quest to become teachers (and learners) in the 21st century. The cooperative learning activities, group discussions, and the differentiated format of our last class was a positive learning experience for me. I liked the fact that when we were learning about digital tools the instruction was differentiated and we could choose to work independently, with a partner, or in the small guided group with Dennis. I think that the differentiated format supports and reflects the different learning styles and the different levels of knowledge that we each come to the class with. I continue to be excited, curious, and, at times, overwhelmed by all the new and interesting things that we are learning about related to 21st Century skills. There is just so much information out there that it is hard to absorb it all. I want to learn and try it all. I think that managing the resources and information in a way that is helpful and effective is part of what I am grappling with. I feel like I am learning things at such a rapid pace that I haven't yet been able to store it in my brain in way that makes it all easily accessible to me. I also haven't had enough practice using and applying my new knowledge so that I feel even close to proficient at any of it. I definitely feel converted and realize the value of the connectedness that the Web offers. I'm having a hard time finding the time I need to put it all together. I have been expanding my digital footprint by joining different sites and networks, following blogs, and trying different tools and resources. But haven't reached the point where I have integrated it all into any routine or regular use. I feel like I am moving toward embedding these new skills into my daily practice, but I am not there yet. Will continue to experiment, investigate, explore, connect, create, and collaborate in my personal effort to become more literate in using and applying digital technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment