I keep thinking about that video we watched in class the other night...how sad it is that some kids today spend so many hours connected to ipods, computers, X-boxes...and not having time for REAL person-to-person communication, interpersonal relationships, or even time for studying.
Right now, it is such a beautiful day outside, and I am hoping that all of our Cohasset students are enjoying outdoors rather than being connected to technology (hey, what am I doing in front of the computer!!!?).
This video made me recall a part of Warlick's "Grow Your Personal Learning Network" article we had to read. Under the tips for creating a personal learning network, the author wrote something about not being "afraid" to leave the house and go for a walk, that you did not have to stay "connected" to your p.l.n twenty-four seven, that you could pick and choose when and who you wanted to be in touch with.
When I first read the article, I kind of laughed and thought how disturbing it is that some people need to be reminded to "let go" or "disconnect" from their p.l.n's, but watching the video the other day made me wonder if it is a real problem, not for just some people, but lots of people, and not just for teenagers, but for adults as well.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment