Wednesday, March 17, 2010
PLN-teaching exponentially
The more I read of PLNs the more I realized they mirror the acts of a teacher. I am always looking for a new way of teaching deeper and with more precision. I search the Internet for an experiment on the properties of mass, challenging fractions, Irish music for my dancers and more heroes. But now, with an ever-expanding PLN, I am not alone and I work smarter and with more efficiency. In the past I would search and find truly boring sites. I knew I was "missing" the meat. I am just dipping my toe into a PLN. I have been searching Diigo and Delicious. How did I exist before Delicious? I finally get tags which I had always wondered about when shopping Amazon. Voice Threads are the greatest addition to third grade. Now we have a microphone and no more worries about lack of basic typing ability. I have video taped my classes original Readers' Theater videos and have managed to up load them into Ning. Through Blog searches I have found the Blog of a teacher whose web-site I have been raiding for years. All the resources on our class Wiki that Dennis has provided for us have been enriching my lessons. I especially liked the KISS sidebar in this acticle. Unfortuneately I have already signed on to follow far too many blogs, but I will follow his suggestion and put them all in my "once a month " file till I know them better. Why I am still floundering about, I now feel like the cell phone add that shows hundreds of people ready to follow you about to help. With PLN I have literally thousands of experts at my beck and call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment