Monday, February 15, 2010

Bitstrips

I have been wandering around cyberspace trying to focus on my project for the end of this course. Communication and creativity using digital technology are the mile markers I want to master for 21st century teaching. In order to achieve my goal I entered Web 2.0 and played around with a cartoon strip website called Bitstrips. It is user friendly and very easy to create you own avatar. Mine has a pearl necklace, glasses and short brown hair, for those who know me this seemed a reasonable selection. The only draw back is the limit on design styles from which to choose. The other issue is that the text must be brief. I envision using this comic strip character in motivational ways to introduce new concepts or express some of the frustrations students express in a more enjoyable manner. Students love it when teachers can poke a bit of fun at themselves and if it helps capture some interest in the subject matter all the better for everyone. If anyone has any additional ideas on how to use my new persona please do not hesitate to share. My simple beginnings can be seen below.



2 comments:

  1. Cynthia,
    Your avatar represents YOU well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for recognizing my two dimensional pesonality 8-).

    ReplyDelete