Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reflections on 21st Century Learning

Wow! My head is spinning. I'm trying hard to employ one of the 16 habits of mind and "think about my thinking", but I'm having a little trouble getting organized. As I look ahead to 21st century learning, I am desperately seeking an effective way to sort out, prioritize and store all of the information, resources and technological tools available to me, my students and my own children, and I am worried that when I finally get a plan in place, it will be as obsolete as my first Mac was just after midnight on December 31st, 1999. However, I am going to do my best to "think flexibly", "gather data through all of my senses", take a few "responsible risks", "persist" with "wonderment and awe" and above all, proceed with "humor" (something there appeared to be a shortage of in progressive education in the 1940s). If all goes well, I'm hoping for some success.

I also wanted to mention that I loved the Wordle.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I also love the wordle program, there are so many neat things you can do with it. And the students are so impressed with the different colors and sizes of the visual. My mind is in chaos thinking just about the applications of wordle, never mind all of the different blogs, wikis, combined with the 16 Habits of Mind, it is a dizzying experience.

    ReplyDelete