This book has been meaningful to me personally as my twin sons begin high school in the fall. Pink suggests taking Art and Design courses to encourage students' creativity. I have to admit neither of my boys had an Art course on their schedules! However one of my sons had chosen graphic design which was cut due to the budget. I wonder if our town's Superintendent of schools has read Daniel Pink's book?
Pink describes the 21st century as the Conceptual Age. He encourages us to explore our creativity. Important points by Pink: more americans work in Art, Entertainment and Design than as lawyers,accountants and auditors; the demand for graphic designers has increased tenfold; the MFA is the new MBA. Important qualities for success will be possessing these high concept-high touch abilities: imagination, joyfulness, and social dexterity.
If you find his ideas as fascinating and insightful as I do, I suggest reading Pink's, A Whole New
Mind. It is highly readable!
No comments:
Post a Comment